NPIC/QAS serves as the evaluator for federally funded projects that implement evidence-based and/or innovative programs to provide coordinated care, particularly to individuals with behavioral health issues. Program design is based on research; NPIC/QAS assist staff in translating research into practice.
This includes promoting the development of integrated primary and behavioral health services to better address the needs of individuals with mental health and substance abuse issues, whether seen in specialty behavior health or primary care provider settings.
The NPIC/QAS evaluation team assists programs with:
- Managing data for program reporting and accountability
- Identifying best practices
- Facilitating continuous service improvement
- Transferring technology / skill sets to sites
- Promoting system efficiencies and service collaboration
- Sustaining services